Our kiddos

Our kiddos
Eli and Addy

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Who does that.....I mean, really?

So, of course it never fails when something huge happens in my life I have to wait four or five months to give any sort of update or write about it because my work blocks my blog. Who does that anyway, I mean, really? It's a bunch of pooh!

I've obviously added a picture of Addy.......my little baby girl.......so everyone can see how pretty she is. Hopefully you're able to view the pics (Sandy, Ginger told me you've been reading my blogs and wondering where I've been.......I haven't died or anything - just blocked! - So, hello, and enjoy and I think it's funny that you're actually interested in my twisted and ridiculoulsy stupid thoughts about the dumbest things ever! But, hey, I have to live with them).

Anyway, my wife and I are ecstatic about our newest addition and Eli loves her madly. You should see her face when he speaks to her - it's absolutely the coolest thing in the world.....her little mouth opens with the biggest, widest, and most precious little smile you can imagine. She simply adores her big brother. She's getting big and it's quite depressing, I must say. The wife is already talking about wanting to try and have another. Honestly, in my mind, I'm thinking, "Holy crap......we've got a five-year-old boy who's always into something and has a mouth on him like mine in my teenage years. Not to mention a five-month-old with a double ear infection who's currently ticked at the world and taking it out on mom and dad.......but, hey, why not try for another - at least the practice will be fun." To be truthful, though, I wouldn't mind having another kiddo - they're awesome! But, I think my wife is a bit disillusioned at the fact she now has a little girl she can put bows on and dresses on and paint toe nails and all the girlie stuff. Which I'm all for....at least until she gets to be about fourteen and wearing stuff that shows her butt and stomach - and then it's on! NO dating, NO telephone, NO leaving the house dressed like that!!!! Absolutely NO possible way! Then she'll probably give me her little pouty lip and puppy-dog eyes and I'm sure I'll melt and give in - just like her mother does to me now! It hasn't happened yet, but when it does, I'm pretty sure it's gonna suck something fierce!

But, that's the thing with kids, right? They're supposed to play their parents. I did it......honestly, I still do! My mom loves me way more than the rest of her children - because I didn't get caught playing her. Do I regret it? Sometimes. But the fact that she knew I was getting into trouble didn't seem to stop her from letting me learn for myself. When I messed up (and I messed up a lot) my mom and I talked about the fact that she let me hang myself........and it still didn't stop me from trying to manipulate the system the very next time I could. If I wanted something, I'd pout and give the puppy-dog eyes, and she would give in. At least, I thought she gave in - see, now, as a parent, I really think she knew what she was doing all along. So, really, it was a bit of reverse psychology on her part. Which, that's okay, I ain't mad at her! I'm learning about it so that when that day comes, and Eli and Addy start trying to play me and Ashley, I'll know all about it - and prayerfully be smarter about it - so that they can't figure out that I know what they're up to. But, then again - it could completely backfire on me. Let's hope it doesn't!

Anyway, these are just my thoughts - what are yours?

Have a good'n,
-Moad!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Stephen! I have to call you Stephen ya know, because that's who I remember, the adorable dark headed little boy with huge eyes and eyelashes that I would kill for, who use to let us (us being Ginger and myself) put make-up on him and dance to Air Supply and REO Speedwagon.....I have a picture by the way...so watch out....ha! :) I DO enjoy reading your blogs, and I do NOT think your thoughts are twisted OR ridiculously stupid.....just logical! So there! :) You have a beautiful family, your wife is very pretty and Eli looks just like you as a little boy and Addy is just a doll. But you know all of that already. Well, keep posting your thoughts, who knows, they may be worth something some day! ha! Take care, and many blessings to you and your family.

Love,
Sandy

Ginger Estes said...

First and foremost...our mother does not love you the best simply because you THINK she did not "catch you". She loves you the best because you were her miracle child. As for the miraculous workings in your own life - those are just how our God works. I love you and I am thrilled you are back on...

What we do....

What we do....
Our Calling