Our kiddos

Our kiddos
Eli and Addy

Monday, December 8, 2008

When did he turn 6?


My son turns six years old today. Last night, during our bedtime routine, I laid down with him and thought, "Man, when did he get so big?" I still remember him as a toddler, looking up at me with his arms raised, tears in his eyes, longing for his daddy to cure all his ailments and rid him of all his fears. Now, it's like he's a little man! He's in school, he can read, he can even do math. He's independent (other than the times, of course, when he comes downstairs in the middle of the night and curls up between Ashley and me because of a bad dream). His mind is constantly coming up with new scenarios for his Star Wars toys. And he's amazing with Addy. He's a little man! I get so much enjoyment out of watching his little mind work or when he plays with his baby sister. And there is no sound quite like his laugh! I am so proud of him!

Today, we'll play Star Wars a little longer. I'll hug him a little tighter. I'll let him stay up a little later. I'll read him an extra story at bedtime. I'll have him read me an extra story at bedtime. We'll do the things he wants to do a little longer. Because I want him to know - without doubt - how much his daddy loves him! I am so proud of my boy!

No comments:

What we do....

What we do....
Our Calling