Our kiddos

Our kiddos
Eli and Addy

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A day to think.....

Have you ever had a day where you did nothing but think? Today seemed like that day. Which isn't all bad. I found myself pondering the deepest of thoughts. Things that were so profound that now the world has new meaning. I thought of all sorts of things, like: "I wonder why my hair is receding," and "why don't squirrels have any sense of direction." - Deep, deep stuff, man! And then it hit me - I'm not asking the right questions. It really doesn't matter why my hair is racing down the back of my neck or that squirrels get hit by cars because they lack direction. Where's my direction? Now that's a good question! Let's expound, shall we?

What directs me? For as long as I can remember, I have been driven to pass this test or that test, to accomplish this task or that task - for what? To appease my own desire? To possibly bring myself into some higher order of class because I've attained a certificate with my name on it saying I have this degree or that degree? Whose goal is it if it's not mine?

If you are reading this and you do not know me, let me clarify some things. I am wholeheartedly, 110%, soul-ed out (yes, that's how I intended to spell it) to Jesus! Therefore, I had to ask myself: Am I directed by my own desires - even though they are good, Godly desires - or am I directed by an ultimate goal, which is also Godly?

There is a difference.

In my opinion, "Godly desires" are human aspirations to achieve success in and for the kingdom of God. In other words, a desire to do the right thing by both God's standards and by my own. Now, on the other hand, "Godly goals" are accomplishments already in place that I must learn how to achieve for His Kingdom. The difference is actually pretty simple, really. My desires are human. I want to do the right thing....but they are human, nonetheless. Therefore, they can falter and be destroyed. Godly Goals, on the other hand, will not falter and cannot, IF I choose to walk in that direction! Which, brings me back to "How am I being directed?"

More to come....


-Moadie!

1 comment:

Ginger Estes said...

I just can't get over how your brain processes. I think you would make an interesting case study. I don't mean that as a derogatory comment, I would just love to study you as an adult. I wish I had your passion and insight. My faith is more child like and literal. When you say you are not a deep thinker, I believe you may be mistaken. I have known you all of your life and you have always had a different angle or take on things. I respect your thoughts as much I respect my own. I just wonder if the squirrels lack direction because they, too, are focused on the here and now. Or could it be that we don't see their direction because it is not like ours. As a human (and I am proud to be considered so) I can't help but to do stupid things. This is the way I am made. I get to find myself making unheard of decisions that get me into trouble. Then I get to go to my God and have a nice God to Ginger talk. If I didn't make the mistake,(as the human he made me) I don't know that He would take the time to instruct me and guide me with His all powerful love and knowledge. I like the balance of having the choice to make the mistake and then I love the counter action of me being on my knees asking where I went wrong.

What we do....

What we do....
Our Calling